OUR 4K PROGRAM
Our goal in everything we do is to foster confidence in children, preparing them for their next great adventure.
We implement play and exploration-based learning that meets both the Wisconsin Model Early Learning Standards (WMELS) and fits our mission to create a healthy, nurturing environment that inspires. Our curriculum combines the values of world-renowned educational theorists Maria Montessori and Sir Ken Robinson with a homeschooling approach to teaching. We focus on both social-emotional development and the academic building blocks that prepare your child for Kindergarten.
Our learning activities are designed to get our young scholars moving. Movement is vital to the intellectual and creative development of children; through movement they learn to strategize (what’s my next move?), think critically (how can I solve this problem?) and express themselves. Our mantra is “We don’t teach at tables.”
Within the school, students move to and from rooms designed for specific learning goals. Lessons are interactive, encouraging the children to learn early literacy, math, social studies and science skills through play. Each day is a mixture of child-led learning and teacher-guided activities.
What sets us apart from other 4K programs?
- Our 4K program is run throughout the entire day, not in a condensed 3-hour period. Our young students are able to receive a broad-based education, get many chances for the vital “brain breaks’ they need, and our teachers have the time to teach creatively with purpose.
- We operate 5 days a week instead of the normal 4-day-a-week 4K program on a full-year rolling calendar, so students can begin their experience with us at any time.
- We offer wraparound care on-premise. No need for transportation to another destination!
- We have many learning destinations built into our facility, each dedicated to practicing different skills. We never stay in one space for long!
- Our 3,500 square foot center space with areas for creative and dramatic play, community building activities, and exploring our indoor gym and sandbox.
- Our “backyard” features a sensory fence, mud kitchen, hills and tree stumps for climbing, gardens tended by our students, an outdoor classroom, and even more sandboxes!
- One classroom designed for the arts, where children paint, draw, mold clay, listen to different musical genres and practice using instruments (as well as jam out with our resident teacher musicians on our stage!)
- Another classroom laid out for STEM, discovery centers, literacy activities, learning history and geography concepts, and free play.
- A grass turf room for group games, gross motor activities and “fitness classes” – our students are experienced yogis and love Zumba!
- Weekly yoga classes, “Sports Days”, water days in the summer, voice lessons and drama workshops.
- In Fall 2019, we introduced Mandarin & Spanish language learning. Students learn vocabulary in both English and Spanish at the perfect age for setting the stage to become bilingual.
Our 4K teachers prepare developmentally appropriate activities that stimulate the interests of our students, building their skills and knowledge. Each month follows a broad theme designed to build awareness of the world around us. Within that theme, teachers facilitate activities that expand the interests of the students, from learning how dairy farms not too far down the road from us work, to how children celebrate holiday traditions in countries far, far away. We frequently bring in local experts and volunteers to share their knowledge, have monthly visits from residents of a senior living home, and venture out on walking field trips to practice skills like mailing letters and picking out healthy ingredients at the local market to make smoothies.
Click here to start the enrollment process.