LEAD TEACHER OPPORTUNITIES
ABOUT US: The Well is a fun, movement-oriented preschool that provides a safe and exciting atmosphere and fosters social, emotional, mental and physical development. WELLness is offered to children by focusing on learning through play, nutrition and a nurturing environment that inspires. Our curriculum is a mix of child-initiated learning and teacher-guided activities.
We are currently hiring lead teachers.
POSITION SUMMARY: Gain valuable experience in early childhood development as well as play-based education while creating and facilitating fun, age-appropriate, educational activities. These positions will handle leading lessons, preparing materials and helping to supervise children in all program activities and provide a safe, enjoyable and inspirational educational experience. The Well provides all materials and training necessary to become Lead Teacher-certified for successful candidates who require the certification.
- Gain experience working with early childhood learning, development and preschool/childcare facility management.
- Opportunities to further develop teaching, project management and lesson planning skills and implementing a play-based curriculum.
- Receive support from leadership to take the lead on existing projects, spearhead a pilot project for the school, as well as use your ideas and creativity to enhance learning.
- HR benefits include 401K, PTO days, childcare discount, healthcare and annual bonus potential.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES (includes, but not limited to, the following):
- Plan, prepare and facilitate play-based educational activities that connect to the Wisconsin Model Early Learning Standards (WMELS) and developmental milestones.
- Lead indoor and outdoor activities, art projects and discovery-based centers.
- Co-lead classroom with partner teacher.
- Follow child safety and security policies as set by the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families.
- Assist with room/activity set-up and take down and other “schoolkeeping” tasks.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification recommended, but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree combined with at least 2 years experience working with young learners.
- Two courses for credit in Early Childhood Education or its equivalent from an institute of higher education preferred
- Interest in early childhood, play-based education.
- Ability to work comfortably, tactfully, courteously and effectively with children, the Well’s staff, parents and volunteers.
- Bilingual English & Spanish preferred but not required
- Willing to have fun!
- Achieve Lead Teacher certification (all materials and training provided by the Well) within 60 days of start date.
- Attend all required trainings and/or monthly team meetings.
- Each staff member is expected to perform tasks that are within their physical capability.
BACKGROUND CHECK: A background check is required for this position.
APPLICATION INFORMATION: To apply on Indeed, click here. Or, submit a resume to Kim Hinkley, Program & Purpose Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Lead Teacher” in the subject line of the email. Applications are considered on a rolling basis until the ideal candidates are hired.