Contain the scariness into bins and containers for spooky sensory fun! These make it easy to get into the Halloween spirit . . .
Creepy Crawly Sensory Bottle
- Smooth plastic bottle
- Clear hair gel
- Warm water
- Various creepy crawly additions! These can be found at the dollar store or in the arts & crafts aisles of different stores. We used: black & orange pom poms, gold circle & star sequins, googly eyes, plastic spiders & skulls (we cut off the ring parts)
- Mixing bowl
- Whisk or spoon for stirring
To Make & Play:
- Mix 6 parts warm water with 1 part hair gel in a bowl
- Pour mixture into the bottle until it fills it halfway
- Add all your creepy crawlies and other fun flare!
- Fill the rest of the bottle with the water/gel mixture
- Screw cap tightly onto bottle*
- Shake it up and test out your new sensory bottle!
*We suggest putting a fine amount of glue around the top of the bottle then placing the cap on it for extra protection from spills!
Bat Rescue Bin
- White rice
- Bowtie pasta (at least 20 noodles)
- Orange & black (or purple) liquid watercolors
- Gallon Ziplock freezer bags
- Tongs or large toy tweezers
- Cookie sheet
- A few toy bats (optional!)
To Make & Play
- Color the white rice by placing a few cups of rice in the bag with squirt in some orange liquid watercolor. Shake together, and add more water color to get your desired orange coloring.
- Place rice on cookie sheet to dry
- To color pasta: do the same process! Place noodles in a bag and drop some black liquid watercolor. Shake and add more to get your desired color. You can also use purple watercolor if you are not able to find black.
- Place bowtie noodies on cookie sheet to dry.
- Once rice and pasta are dry, put them in a shallow bin with tongs/tweezers and let the kids “rescue” the bats!
- If you have some toy bats, add them in there for visual effects!
- Pumpkin template (we like this one)
- Orange paint
- Gallon Ziplock bag
To Make & Play:
- Cut out pumpkin outline/template and place into bag
- Squeeze a few dollops or orange paint into the bag and close it securely
- Let your baby squeeze and manipulate the bag until the pumpkin template is painted!
This is a great tummy time activity!
Want to see more cool activities? Click here and follow along with the fun!