ABOUT US: The Well is a fun, movement-oriented preschool that provides a safe and exciting atmosphere that fosters social, emotional, mental and physical development. WELLness is offered students by focusing on learning through play, nutrition and a nurturing environment that inspires. Our curriculum is a mix of child-initiated learning and teacher-guided activities.
POSITION SUMMARY: Gain valuable experience in early childhood development as well as play-based education while creating and facilitating fun, age-appropriate, educational activities. This position will handle leading lessons, preparing materials and helping to supervise children ages 2-4 in all program activities and provide a safe, enjoyable and inspirational educational experience. The Well provides all materials and training necessary to become Lead Teacher-certified for successful candidates who require the certification.
- Gain experience working with early childhood learning, development and preschool/childcare facility management.
- Opportunities to further develop teaching, project management and lesson planning skills and implementing a play-based curriculum.
- Receive support from leadership to take the lead on existing projects, spearhead a pilot project for the school, as well as use your ideas and creativity to enhance learning.
- HR benefits include 401K, PTO days, childcare discount, healthcare and bonus potential.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES (includes, but not limited to, the following):
- Plans and prepares lessons and facilitates play-based educational activities.
- Leads indoor and outdoor group games, art projects and discovery-based centers.
- Manage classroom of up to 12-15 children with one other teacher.
- Follows child safety and security policies as set by the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families.
- Assists with room/activity set-up and take down and other “schoolkeeping” tasks such as snack preparation.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification recommended, but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree combined with at least 2 years experience working with young learners.
- Two courses for credit in Early Childhood Education or its equivalent from an institute of higher education preferred, but not required
- Interest in early childhood, play-based education.
- Ability to work comfortably, tactfully, courteously and effectively with children, The Well’s staff, parents and volunteers.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Achieve Lead Teacher certification (all materials and training provided by The Well) within 60 days of start date.
- Attend all required trainings and/or meetings.
- Each staff member is expected to perform tasks that are within his/her physical capability.
BACKGROUND CHECK: A background check is required for this position.
APPLICATION INFORMATION: Submit a resume to Kim Hinkley, Associate Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Lead Preschool Teacher” in the subject line of the email. Preferred start date is on or around May 15, 2019. Applications are considered on a rolling basis until the ideal candidates are hired.